Enterprise asset management (EAM) is the process of managing the lifecycle of physical assets to maximize their use; save money; improve quality and efficiency; and safeguard health, safety and the environment.
Maximize ROA with superior EAM
• Efficiently manage the entire asset lifecycle with world-class enterprise asset management software from SAP. With real-time visibility into asset performance and powerful analytics, it’s easier to optimize asset usage, shrink costs, better manage capital expenditures, and ultimately maximize your return on assets (ROA) – including fixed property, plant, and equipment
• Environment, Health and Safety
• Comprehensive Environment, Health, and Safety Solutions
• Help ensure safety and business continuity by reducing environment, health, and safety risks
• Mitigate environment, health, and safety risks by performing thorough risk assessments, measuring and reporting emissions, designing effective controls, and communicating safe work practices. By testing these controls, capturing incidents, and learning from events, your organization can support intelligent change and continuous improvement.
• Incident Management
• Health and Safety Management
• Environment Management
• Management of Change
• Maintenance Safety and Permit to Work
• Asset Network Solutions
• Optimize asset information by collaborating on asset data, predictive maintenance, procurement of spares and services
• Take advantage of market-leading applications and technology to streamline asset management. The solution capabilities of the asset network support the transformation to the digital world, enable new business models, and help companies gain a competitive advantage through increased speed, transparency, and insights.
• Asset Information Collaboration
• Asset Information Governance
• Predictive Maintenance and Service
Asset Operations and Maintenance
• Asset Operations and Maintenance Solutions
• Optimize asset performance with retention and restoration maintenance
• Stay competitive by getting the most out of your assets with asset operation and maintenance software from SAP. With the right systems and processes in place, your organization can help ensure uptime and safety, mitigate risks, and reduce maintenance costs. As a result, your asset operations and maintenance programs can encompass a series of steps that help ensure an asset retains, or will be restored to, a state in which it can perform its designated function.
• Asset Strategy and Performance
• Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
• Maintenance Execution
• Mobile Asset Management
Benefits of Enterprise Asset Management
By helping to ensure that high-value assets operate the way they are designed to, enterprise asset management can both minimize risks and costs and optimize business value.
For example, EAM software might alert operations managers to the pending failure of a machine part, and then provide the information and scheduling tools needed to dispatch a repair person to replace the part before it breaks down and causes further damage. Timely maintenance can also avoid the risk of improperly operating equipment injuring workers or spewing pollutants that threaten health and the environment.
EAM also helps keep costs down by partially automating the supply chain to ensure optimal inventory of parts and materials, thus avoiding rush orders or the need to revert to more expensive or less reliable suppliers.
Conversely, EAM functions can boost business value. For example, analytics can identify opportunities to reallocate equipment inside an industrial plant to support new lines of business.